1) The highest per student spending is in:
A) Richmond B) Henrico C) Chesterfield
2) Washington DC public schools have a 56% graduation rate. The DC voucher charter schools had a graduation rate of:
A) 82% B) 91% C) 99%
3) The positive academic influence of Head Start vanishes after:
A) 1st Grade B) 5th Grade C) Never
4) The top 1% earns 64 times more than the bottom 50%. How many times more does the top 1% pay in Federal income taxes:
A) About half as much B) About 64 times more C) About 800 times more
5) A higher percentage of Republicans voted for both the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 than Democrats.
A) True B) False
6) How many people are registered to vote in 2 or more states?
A) 400,000 B) 2,800,000 C) 4,100,000
7) Your portion and each of your children’s portion of the national debt is:
A) $550 B) $5,500 C) $55,000
8) The United States spends more than any other developed nation on education.
A) True B) False
9) The inflation adjusted cost of K-12 public education since 1970 has:
A) No Change B) Increased 90% C) Increased 145%
10) The US corporate tax rate is:
A) Highest in the industrial world
B) 5th highest in the industrial world
C) Lowest in the industrial world
11) If we had a balanced federal budget and paid $1B a day to reduce the debt, at the end of the year the National Debt would:
A) Increase B) Decrease C) Stay the same
12) We have million undocumented immigrants working in the United States. African American teen unemployment is %.
A) 4 Million & 18% B) 6 Million & 25% C) 8 Million & 36%
13) The unemployment rate is 5.3% (Jul 2015). The average labor force participation rate from 1984 to 2008 was 66.2%. If our current labor force participation rate was 66.2%, what would the unemployment rate be?
A) 8% B) 10% C) 12%
14) Guns are used how many times for self-defense every year?
A) 500,000 times B) 1 Million times C) 1.5 Million times
15) Gun-related homicides have dropped ____ percent between 1993 & 2010.
A) 8% B) 29% C) 49%
16) More people are murdered by clubs and hammers than rifles (includes assault rifles)?
A) True B) False C) They are equal
17) The mentally ill have a ___ to ____ higher suicide rates than the general population.
A) 6 to 12 times B) 10 to 20 times C) 18 to 30 times
18) The average national Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) premium increase in 2017 is ____.
A) 6% B) 12% C) 24%
19) The average marginal tax rate in the 34 OECD countries is _____ points lower than in the U.S. In 1986, 218 of the world's 500 largest corporations (by revenue) were based in the U.S. In 2016, that figure was ____.
A) 8% & 190 (13% loss) B) 14% & 128 (41% loss) C) 20% & 99 (55% loss)
20) In 1950, 5% of workers required a license or certificate. In 2016, the percentage of workers requiring a license or certificate is _____. The cost of regulatory compliance for firms with 19 or fewer employees averages ____ per employee.
A) 10% & $3,300 B) 20% & $6,500 C) 30% & $10,500
21) An average natural gas electric generating plant can generate 1,300 MW on 39 acres of land. A solar farm generating 1,300 MW would require how many acres?
A) 3,600 acres B) 36,000 acres C) 360,000 acres